Monday, January 2, 2012

Starting Again, Again

I realize that I say this every year, but this year I'm going to start blogging more.  No, really!  2012 is going to be my year.  I've been reading up on strategies for success, and I have a big huge planner full of ideas.  I have so many goals and resolutions.

Last year my main resolution was to exercise and I did it.  I am in far better shape now that a year ago, and I have found that working out is a fun activity.  I love the endorphin rush, and how it makes me feel strong and in control of my body.  My body was a dick to me last year,  giving me a sprained ankle, an infected ear pimple, a precancerous lesion that resulted in minor surgery on my leg, an infection in the incision site, side effects from antibiotics, and of course my migraines.  Every time something made me unable to exercise, I came back and started again.  For me, that is the key to keeping resolutions, to not give up when life throws a wrench in your plans.

I'm starting school again tomorrow, earning a Clinical Lab Certificate at my local community college.  I'm excited, but nervous. Nervous mostly about logistical things, like getting the last class I need, getting books in time, getting a parking space, getting a parking sticker before I'm cited, etc.  It was a whirlwind of a decision to sign up for classes this quarter and I didn't have the long summer of preparation that I usually do before a new school year.  And who knows, maybe I'll find a good job before I finish the certificate?  If not, it will definitely make me more employable.

Meanwhile, I got a lot of fun things for Christmas.  Foremost, I bought my dad an Xbox.  I also got several bread cookbooks, a soup cookbook, and a canning book.  So I have so much cool stuff to look forward to this year!

Currently I'm braising beef stew in my mom's new fire engine red cast iron enameled pot.  The oven is emitting a delightful smell, a perfect companion to the sound of wind and rain outside.  I'm very excited to begin 2012.  Its going to be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment