Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June is Busting Out All Over In Shades of Grey

I'm told that Memorial Day marks the official beginning of summer, but I can't see that here.  June is busting out all over... in shades of gray.  I hear gray rain pounding on my gray roof, and looking out the window, greenish grey trees reach up to a blackish gray horizon.  Not that the rain is entirely unwelcome.  It isn't a cold, bitter, endless rain like those of late fall and winter, but instead is mild and earthy.  And of course it is accompanied by the extended hours of daylight that still tell me that it is sort of getting to be summer.  Sort of. 

I see magazine covers that hold a promise of a hot beach body, great grilling, and fun in the outdoors.  They seem absurd, I don't want any of those things.  I want a blanket, not a bikini.  I want tea and and broth and cream.  I want to knit and watch the X-Files.

No comments:

Post a Comment